- Locations: Nasr City
- Duration: 5 Days
Road transport may be the most critical segment in your distribution network. If your transport assets – not just cars, buses, and heavy freight vehicles, but trailers, courier vehicles and even mechanical handling equipment – are not managed well, your business will suffer in terms of downtime, availability of goods, transport costs and – ultimately – customer satisfaction. It is essential that this element of your business is in capable hands.
This course gives your transport management staff the skills to:
- Manage vehicle provision and support
- Make informed technical, financial and transport policy decisions
- Use whole-life and life-cycle costing methodologies
- Deal with a range of technical issues
Is it right for me?
The course is for staff responsible for managing road transport vehicles and their operation. It covers all aspects of the lives of road vehicles from the creation of fleet policies and vehicle specifications, through funding, life cycle and acquisition decisions, to maintaining the vehicles in roadworthy condition, and disposing of vehicles as they end their operational lives
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Devise and disseminate a fleet management policy and strategy
- Make informed vehicle acquisition and funding decisions
- Cost and plan using whole life and life cycle methods
- Draw up operational and technical specification for vehicles
- Budget effectively for fleets and workshops
- Capture and use data using automated and computerised systems
- Create and maintain fuel and tyre management systems
- Use performance measurement and management information
- Optimise workshop layout and design
- Control repair and maintenance facilities
- Develop solutions for internal and external maintenance
- Manage maintenance contracts
- Control accidental damage
- Manage vehicle disposal effectively and safely
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses