The Managing Project Control course is essential for senior project professionals, senior project control personnel and project finance managers who uphold project leadership roles. This course may also be of relevance to financial professionals concerned with project controls in a broader context.
This module is suitable for senior project professionals and senior project control engineers with at least five years of relevant experience on major capital investment projects. On this course it is assumed that you will have completed the Applying Project Controls course, or will have been assessed for the relevant competencies at this level.
Optimal project performance is an outcome of effective management and integration of the project controls, including scope, schedule, cost and information management. Through this course, you will develop skills that help you establish integrated project controls in a risk-based environment in order to execute strategic and tactical responses to project performance issues.
The Managing Project Control course will expand your existing knowledge and enable you to define key project drivers and lead project performances using effective control frameworks. This course also focuses on the preparation, interpretation, analysis and forecasting of schedule challenges, as well as resource plans and cost estimates.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- Put project controls in context and recognise cases for change
- Interpret project scopes, define key project drivers and develop appropriate structural breakdowns
- Introduce effective control frameworks
- Include the influence of scope maturity when defining project control requirements
- Examine and maintain project schedules and resources while accounting for scope maturity and integrated schedules
- Apply techniques to validate the accuracy of schedules and estimates Examine and maintain cost estimates while managing project costs to account for scope maturity and project schedules
- Develop and apply control change process
- Effectively control change processes
- Analyse project performance and forecasts to recommend tactical responses as required
- Specify and establish the processes in which the correct information is delivered to the right people at the right time
- Include challenges around project scope maturity and its impact on control processes by defining key project drivers, managing schedules and resources, managing the development of cost estimates, controlling project costs, integrating the project control elements, as well as effectively managing information (data and documents)
Reading, reflection and work-related activities, with regular coaching sessions. During coaching you will become familiar with the online learning environment and the main learning objectives of upcoming assignments.
We_They, which means Excellence in Arabic, is a successful partnership between Qatar Shell, Qatar Petroleum, and Hamad Bin Khalifa University.
The unparalleled capital investment programme currently underway in Qatar brings with it various challenges, many of which can only be overcome through greater efficiency and sharpened project management skills. TAFAWOQ was initiated to answer this needSee all Tawafoq courses