- Locations: Mahboula
- Duration: 5 Days
The Managing Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions Early Release course provides students with the skills required to effectively support a Citrix app and desktop virtualization solution in a Windows Server 2012 environment. This early release course will enable organizations before the product is in market via select Citrix Authorized Learning Centers (CALCs) and Citrix Certified Instructors (CCIs). Subsequent versions of this course will be based on the final product code of XenDesktop 7, and will be offered by additional CALCs and CCIs.
Upon completion of this early release course, students will learn how to successfully manage, monitor, support and troubleshoot a XenDesktop 7 solution, which includes growing the implementation to accommodate changes in the environment (adding new apps, new users, new desktops) and troubleshooting common issues.
Who should enroll in this course?
This course is recommended for operators, including Administrators and Engineers, that need to manage an existing XenDesktop 7 app and desktop solution. Students will have the skills to successfully support a XenDesktop 7 solution that a majority of Citrix customers implement today.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have:
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
- Experience with Windows Server 2012, specifically:
- Active Directory
- Groups and User Accounts
- Organizational Units
- Group Policy Objects
- Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 8 user interfaces
- Experience with SQL Server 2012, specifically:
- General understanding of databases, permissions, security, clustering/mirroring, HA
- Basic networking knowledge
- Protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, etc.)
- Basic storage knowledge (manage existing storage types, add new storage)
- Basics of Citrix licensing
- Familiarity with at least one hypervisor (XenServer, Hyper-V, or vSphere)
- Basic understanding of the different types of profiles (local, roaming, mandatory)
- Basic understanding of certificates, the role of Certificate Authorities, certificate types
- Completed the following courses or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge:
- CXD-102 Introduction to XenDesktop 7
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Understand the XenDesktop 7 architecture, components, and communication
- Delegate administration and manage licenses
- Manage and monitor the hypervisor
- Manage apps and desktops
- Manage StoreFront and external access
- Manage policies
- Manage user profiles
- Manage sessions, sites, and users
- Manage printing
- Manage Provisioning Services and Personal vDisks
- ILT and vILT courses offer lab access during the duration of the course.
- Provided is the topic outline for the Managing Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions Workshop:
- Understanding an XenDesktop 7 Solution Architecture
- Delegating Administration and Managing Licenses
- Managing and Monitoring the Hypervisor
- Managing Apps and Desktops
- Managing StoreFront and External Access
- Managing Policies
- Managing User Profiles
- Managing Sessions, Sites, and Users
- Managing Printing
- Managing Personal vDisks and Provisioning Services
- Course Conclusion
About Nahda International Academy
By keeping pace with the contemporary benchmarks of learning, training and skill development, NAHDA International Academy aims to incorporate the advance employment of the modern day converged technologies to maximize the development of its students. The learning and training is carried out in a manner to ensure the global standards of current era's requirements of education and professionalism. The Academy safeguards the concept of active, creative and interactive learning with the provision of vigorous and productive environment.
To enable its pupils to have a stand-out future and fortune, NAHDA International Academy has collaborated with high ranked Schools, Universities, reputed experts of knowledge and technology, professional trainers and development enthusiasts. The Academy is known for its quality education and innovative environment enriched with passion and inventiveness. The educating process is carried out in a way that empowers the individual to exhibit his/her very potential by protecting that individual's unique pattern of thinking and creations.
To meet the present day demands of integrated world and education, NAHDA International Academy has partnered with the world class Universities and institutions around the world including the universities of United Kingdom, United States of America, Europe, Asia and Africa e.g. Frederick University, London School of Marketing, The University of Northampton, The University of Bedfordshire, Atlantic International University, EduQual, Excel High School, Alliance International University This attribute of NAHDA International Academy contributes to be the reason of it managing to stand tall in the highly competitive environment in the region.