- Locations: Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
- Duration: 40 Hours
This instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2008 R2 product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain SQL Server 2008 R2 architecture, resources requirements and perform pre-checks of I/O subsystems
- Plan, install and configure SQL Server 2008 R2
- Backup and restore databases
- Import and export wizards and explain how they relate to SSIS
- Use BCP and BULK INSERT to import data
- Manage security
- Assign, configure fixed database roles and create and assign user defined database roles
- Configure and assign permissions
- Implement SQL Server 2008 R2 Audits
- Manage SQL Server 2008 R2 Agent and Jobs
- Configure database mails, alerts and notifications
- Maintain databases
- Configure SQL Profiler Traces and Use the Database Tuning Advisor
- Monitor data by using Dynamic Management Views
- Execute multi-server queries and configure a central management server
- Deploy a data-tier-application
- Troubleshoot common issues
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
- Completed Course 2778: Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2008 R2 and its Toolset
- Module 2: Preparing Systems for SQL Server 2008 R2
- Module 3: Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2008 R2
- Module 4: Working with Databases
- Module 5: Understanding SQL Server 2008 R2 Recovery Models
- Module 6: Backup of SQL Server 2008 R2 Databases
- Module 7: Restoring SQL Server 2008 R2 DatabasesThis module describes the restoration of databases.
- Module 8: Importing and Exporting DataThis module covers the use of the import/export wizards and explains how they relate to SSIS. Also introduces BCP.
- Module 9: Authenticating and Authorizing Users
- Module 10: Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Module 11: Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Module 12: Auditing SQL Server Environments
- Module 13: Automating SQL Server 2008 R2 Management
- Module 14: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Module 15: Monitoring SQL Server 2008 R2 with Alerts and NotificationsThis module covers the configuration of database mail, alerts and notifications.
- Module 16: Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Module 17: Tracing Access to SQL Server 2008 R2This module covers SQL Profiler and SQL Trace stored procedures.
- Module 18: Monitoring SQL Server 2008 R2
- Module 19: Managing Multiple Servers
- Module 20: Troubleshooting Common SQL Server 2008 R2 Administrative Issues
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses