- Price TBC
- Duration 35 Hours
- Timings 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Locations Nad Al Sheba, SitesPower Training Institute,Sharjah
Center Benefits - Microsoft Courses :
• Microsoft Gold Partner for Learning Solutions
• Microsoft Official Curriculum
• Microsoft Certified Trainers
• Certificate of Attendance from Microsoft
• Computer Labs: 1 PC for each student
• UAE Ministry of Education Accredited Institute
• Certificate of Achievement (Ministry Attestation fees apply)
• Corporate Venue: Onsite or at SitesPower
• Microsoft Exam Pass Guarantee
• Limited Promotions :
- Free Corporate Training with Microsoft SA Vouchers
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2008 R2 product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, MCTS, Certification Exam :
Exam 70-432 : TS : Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. This course can also be helpful for individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Explain SQL Server 2008 R2 architecture, resources requirements and perform pre-checks of I/O subsystems
• Plan, install and configure SQL Server 2008 R2
• Backup and restore databases
• Import and export wizards and explain how they relate to SSIS
• Use BCP and BULK INSERT to import data
• Manage security
• Assign, configure fixed database roles and create and assign user defined database roles
• Configure and assign permissions
• Implement SQL Server 2008 R2 Audits
• Manage SQL Server 2008 R2 Agent and Jobs
• Configure database mails, alerts and notifications
• Maintain databases
• Configure SQL Profiler Traces and Use the Database Tuning Advisor
• Monitor data by using Dynamic Management Views
• Execute multi-server queries and configure a central management server
• Deploy a data-tier-application
• Troubleshoot common issues
Before attending this course, students must have:
• Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
• Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
• Working knowledge of relational databases.
• Some experience with database design.
• Completed Course 2778: Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2008 R2 and its Toolset
- Module 2: Preparing Systems for SQL Server 2008 R2
- Module 3: Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2008 R2
- Module 4: Working with Databases
- Module 5: Understanding SQL Server 2008 R2 Recovery Models
- Module 6: Backup of SQL Server 2008 R2 Databases
- Module 7: Restoring SQL Server 2008 R2 Databases
- Module 8: Importing and Exporting Data
- Module 9: Authenticating and Authorizing Users
- Module 10: Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Module 11: Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Module 12: Auditing SQL Server Environments
- Module 13: Automating SQL Server 2008 R2 Management
- Module 14: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Module 15: Monitoring SQL Server 2008 R2 with Alerts and Notifications
- Module 16: Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Module 17: Tracing Access to SQL Server 2008 R2
- Module 18: Monitoring SQL Server 2008 R2
- Module 19: Managing Multiple Servers
- Module 20: Troubleshooting Common SQL Server 2008 R2 Administrative Issues
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses
IT, Computing and Technology Related Questions
I want to learn how to use MS SQL Server. I don't have any previous knowledge on coding. I want a...
Unanswered //Jun 13, 2016 MySQL, Database Management, SQL Server
I am an undergraduate of Business Administration Major in Marketing but i am interested in a Libr...
Unanswered //Oct 9, 2016 IT, Computing and Technology, ITIL
Hi, I recently graduated from high school. I know few things about hacking like kali, linux, back...
Unanswered //Oct 8, 2016 IT, Computing and Technology, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)