The MA in Media and Communications offers a broad look at many aspects of the media and encourages the student think critically about the larger, global media worlds of the present age. It will equip the student with skills in critical evaluation and contextualization which can be applied to developments in digital media and technology.
What is distinctive about this course ?
- Highly hands on and industry relevant
- Delivered by a mix of full time faculty and industry experts
- Multiple specializations to choose from
Human Communication, Electronic Media & Production, Media Economics & Enterprise Management, Psychology of Media & Human Relations, Media & Communications Research, Writing for Mass Media, Visual Expression
- Journalism (Print & Electronic Media)
- Advertising, Corporate Communication & Event Management
- Television Programming (Electronic Production & Media Planning)
Who is this course for?
Targeted towards working professionals in the media & entertainment sector and fresh undergraduates seeking to make a career in the Media & Entertainment sector in the UAE.
- 10% Scholarship for students scoring above 70% in their UG program or 7.4 CGPA on a 10 point scale
- 10% Scholarship for students with 3+ years of full time work experience and a score above 60% in their UG program or equivalent CGPA
About Manipal University
Manipal University Dubai is the leading multi-disciplinary Indian private university branch campus in the UAE. Established in Dubai in 2000, Manipal University, Dubai has grown into one of the largest private universities in the Middle East & Africa Region enrolling over 1700 students from across 33 nationalities across the globe. It ranks as India's Best Private University as per the QS Asia University Rankings (2014) and is amongst the Top 100 BRICS Universities in the World.
MU Dubai offers high quality, yet affordable industry-aligned Post Graduate level programs ranging from niche programs like Media & Communication & Interior Design to technology oriented M Tech programs. Its flagship program is the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) which is offered in 3 formats (Day, Evening & Weekend). The university has a dedicated Placement & Industry connect cell which ensures that graduating students get ample opportunities for career advancement as well as industry interaction.See all Manipal University courses