- Fees / Price TBC
- Location Qatar
The MA TESOL is a specialist degree for aspiring professionals who wish to enhance their career prospects in the field of teaching of English as a second, foreign or additional language.
It will provide you with the tools and resources you need in order to develop your teaching skills, reflect upon your professional practice and conduct your own research.
We place particular emphasis on helping you to develop appropriate methods and materials to suit your social and cultural context.
Upon graduating you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the latest practice, theory and policy of international language education.
- Apply your knowledge to the teaching of English in a variety of contexts around the globe.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current issues in the English language teaching profession.
- Critically analyse the role of English as the world’s major international language.
- Use research to inform your daily practice and decision making as a language educator.
- Contribute professionally and academically to the rapidly changing world of international English language education.
- ranked first for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey (NSS)
- a campus university only one mile from the UNESCO World Heritage city of Bath
- a medium-sized and safe university with a friendly and collegial feel
- a well-established university with a lively atmosphere and modern outlook.
- taught and research postgraduate programmes in Science, Engineering, Languages, Social Sciences and Management
- an excellent research reputation - 60 per cent of the work submitted for the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise was judged to be ‘world-leading’ or internationally excellent.
- a strong relationship with business and industry
- a diverse international student community with students from over 100 countries
- professional careers advice and a programme of up to 330 employer recruitment visits to campus annually
- guaranteed accommodation for new overseas postgraduates who meet the application deadline.
- a 24 hour Library and Learning Centre
- free access to email and internet
- a strong support network – including Personal Tutors, a Medical Centre, Counselling Service, active Student Union, and Learning Support