- Locations: University of Sharjah
- Duration: 2 Years
- Timings Full time attendance
- Call: +971 4 2753240
The Program aims are to prepare health educators acquire the knowledge and skills to provide a leadership role in educating future health professionals and to contribute to the improved scholarship of teaching and learning in health education through evidenced based practice and research.
- On successful completion of the MSc LHPE program, students will be able to:
- Combine leadership skills with an in depth understanding of the spectrum of medical education.
- Develop knowledge and skills in the area of health curriculum design, delivery, evaluation and assessment.
- Promote and support a culture conducive to student learning and faculty professional development in the context of the health education environment.
- Facilitate the development of a vision for teaching and learning in the health care setting that is shared by all stakeholders and responds to diverse community needs.
- Assume a leadership role as an effective educator and advocate for improved health education delivery.
- Effectively manage change in the health education context to deliver best practice in health education programs.
- Promote the scholarship of teaching and learning and the place of education research that contributes to evidence-based practice.
- Develop students' ability to integrate skills and knowledge gained throughout the program and to apply these to an organizational development project.
These competencies will be pursued through the provision of a flexibly structured program that allows for the needs and characteristics of diverse discipline fields and groups with a role in health education.
About University of Sharjah
The University of Sharjah is a comprehensive academic institution with a distinctive learning style and a global vision. It is a pioneer in academia, scientific research and the arts in the UAE and the GCC region. All programs are accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
University of Sharjah has expanded in a relatively short span of time to include 14 colleges offering 80 diverse academic programs (majors) at the diploma, bachelor, master and PhD levels. There are currently about 10,800 students enrolled at the university with academic instructions delivered by 610 faculty members having diverse international experience and renowned stature.
The University has long-term cooperation agreements and strategic alliances with 31 leading academic institutions around the globe. These agreements ensure that the education our students receive meets the highest international standards.
The University's architecture lends full expression to its Islamic and Arabic heritage with splendid buildings and captivating landscape. The campus provides spacious, outstanding facilities that include multimedia study halls, advanced scientific and research laboratories, dedicated libraries rich with information resources, state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and computing labs, theatres, clubs, two major sports complexes, student centers with access to restaurants and variety of shops, and many other facilities.
There are also separate residential areas for male and female students and the faculty. The University's Medical Complex includes the Colleges of Medicine, Dental Medicine, Pharmacy, Health Sciences, Medical Research Laboratories, University general hospital, and a Dental Hospital.See all University of Sharjah courses