- Price EGP 33,186
- Duration 12 Days
- Locations Petro Tech
This seminar is aimed at both suppliers and buyers who need an overview of the key drivers involved when viewing supply chains from a logistics/demand point of view. Supply Chains are the ultimate source of competitive advantage so the purpose of this seminar is to explain and appreciate what logistics and supply chain management are fundamentally about so that delegates are able to:
- Apply key techniques to control lead time in the movement of goods and materials to customers and users.
- Find the right cost and service balance.
- Use practical skills to take back to the workplace to change current methods.
- Work better with all supply chain players.
- Apply practically the 8 Rules for Effective Supply Chain Management.
Participants attending the conference will:
- Understand what logistics and supply chain management are fundamentally about
- Appreciate that time is cash
- See that movement to the customer is all that adds value
- Work with all of the supply chain players pays
- Look 'outside of the box'
- Apply the 8 Rules for Effective Supply Chain Management
- Delegate discussion and involvement
- Case studies
- Best practice examples
- Supportive comprehensive course manual enabling practical application and reinforcement
- Examine the company supply chain operations and activities
- Analyse the key areas of operations
- Identify and Understand key performance indicators
- Succeed in improving operations
- Gain a competitive advantage
- Appreciate changes to business processes that are taking place
- Gain the financial benefits that effective supply chain management can bring
- Determine how time builds up in supply chains and that time is cash
- Be able to understand, recall and apply improvements after the seminar for work based application
- Apply best in class practices
- Learn from other delegates experiences and practices
Understanding What Logistics and the Supply Chain Are About
- Definitions of logistics and Supply Chain management
- The interrelations and connections of Buying, Making, Moving, and Selling activities
- History and the development
- Understanding the Supply Chain dynamics
- Supply Chain Operations Reference Models (SCOR)
- The Theory of Constraints (TOC)
Key Aspects and Rules of Supply Chain Management
- The cost/service balance
- Customer service principles
- Internal organizational structures
- Inventory principles
- Lead times throughout the supply chain
- Adding value
- Production options/changes
- Trade off opportunities
The Benefits of Adopting a Supply Chain Approach And Appreciating The Changes Needed To Traditional Ways
- Understanding the sub functional conflicts
- Benefits within and between functions
- Taking a supply chain view of total acquisition costs
- Accepting that competitive advantage comes from the Supply Chain
- Looking at demand amplifications, and the "Forester" effect
- Appreciating the effects of uncertainty and unresponsiveness
- Seeing how we currently manage the supply chain
- Changing the way we manage the Supply Chain for greater effectiveness
Strategic Approaches And Impacts To Supplier/Customer Relationships
- Practical effects on lot sizes/order quantities
- Reducing costs
- Sharing developments and collaborating
- Eliminating internal and external barriers
- Interfacing versus integrating relationships
- Segmentation and product formatting
- Business strategies and the supply chain
- Supply chain planning
- Gaining competitive advantage
- Considering outsourcing
- Using postponement and consolidation logistics
- Examining demand planning
- Approaches of Quick Response (QR), Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) and
- Collaborative Planning and Forecast Requirements (CPFR)
- The Lean Supply Chain
Making Supply Chain Improvements and Implementing a Logistics/Supply Chain Management Approach
- Manufacturing and retailer case studies
- The major lessons and key aspects from experience
- Oil and Gas in the UK experiences
- Key questions to be answered
- The changes needed with suppliers and customers
- The changes need to internal organisation and management practices
- Potential action needed
- The 'doing nothing' future, with 'lessons from experience'
- Guarding against futures of higher stock levels and competition gains
- Breaking down traditional silo/closed management
- A 5 step approach to Logistics and Supplier Development
- The Supply Chain Rules (Encore); the rules to give competitive advantage from effective Supply Chain Management
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.