- Locations: 172 Omar Lotfy St. Sporting P.O. Box 72 Ibrahimeya -Alexandria - A.R.E.
- Duration: 3 Days
Transport is of vital importance to all companies interested in exporting or importing goods at the lowest possible cost, and for companies responsible for handling Freight Services. Trade, however, is not possible without transport and an efficiently managed transport system is a prerequisite for the competitiveness of goods and for excellence in Freight Service. Multimodal transport is a concept which facilitates international trade by ensuring the smooth flow of cargo and giving better control over the transport chain. In this respect, the "Logistics and Multimodal Transport" course defines and describes all aspects of shipping logistics from factory outlet to customer and all stops in between. The course, furthermore, approaches how to provide greater modal choice and foster a more balanced transportation system.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, you will be familiar with:
- Common transport issues
- Role of Multimodal Transport in facilitating trade
- Best Practices & Operations of Multimodal Transport Planning
- INCOTERMS 2000
Who Should Attend?
- The course is crucial for any Company involved in importing & exporting activities, Import & Export Companies, Freight/ Cargo Handling Companies.
- Globalization trade and Transport Linkages.
- International Sale Transaction & Documentary Credit Sales
- INCOTERMS 2000
- Transport Documents
- Plan & Execute an Export Shipment
- Evolving role of the Freight Forwarder
- Cargo & Packaging
- Multimodal Transport Operations
- Selecting & Assessing the Transport Routes
- Introduction to Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- The Scope of Liability of the Parties in the Transport Chain
- Parties in the Transport Chain & Insurance Cover
- Classroom presentation and Discussion
- Interactive activities
- Role plays
- Case Studies