- Fees / Price AED 4,000
- Duration 30 hours
- Timings 30 hours (two weekends 15 hours each)
- Call +971 4 2753473
- Locations Knowledge Village
Who is this course for?
What will I learn?
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management - Introduction and Framework
- Logistics Functions and Its Interface with other functions
- Assessing Logistics Costs
- Transportation Decisions in Logistics
- Economics of Transportation
- Modal Options and Trade Offs Decisions in Transportation Modal Choices
- Routing and Scheduling Decisions
- Distribution Networks
- Warehousing Decisions
- Storage and Transit Risks
- Location and Design Considerations
- Space Determination and Lay out Decisions
- Warehousing Management Systems
- Important Aspects of Purchasing
- Inventory Control and Decisions
- Just-in-Time Concepts and Vendor Managed Inventories (VMI)
- Physical Distribution Logistics in Marketing
- Outsourcing Decisions and the role of Third Party Logistics
- Transport Contracting issues and implementation
- Computer Simulated Logistics Management Games
- Information Technology in Logistics Management and E-Commerce
- Developing Teams in Logistics
- Legal aspects of Logistics
- Government and Logistics
How will I benefit from this course?
Competition in today's market with new products having shorter life-cycles and growing customers' expectations has forced many companies to focus their attention and invest in their logistics Management. With the integration of global markets, changing demand patterns, varying customer buying behaviour, the emergence of new distribution channels and the advent of e-commerce, the role of logistics function is constantly under change and pressure. Logistics is now a reality with its functions managed in an integrative manner to ensure the survival of a company in an ever-increasing competitive environment. With achieving greater efficiencies in production, marketing and finance, a greater awareness has to be given to the timely and cost effective manner in which a company's goods are moved and stored. Aided by computers, logistics system designs and management have become a positive force in the achievement of company goals.
How will I be assessed?
XLRI India and KHDA
Graduation with some job experience
The XLRI School of Business and Human Resources, Jamshedpur is a premier graduate business school in India. Established in 1949 it is arguably the oldest business school in India and is regarded to be among the top 5 business schools of the country.
XLRI in partnership with Allied institute of management Studies has been offering premier management education to the UAE work force. This partnership started in year 2001 and in the last 13+ years XLRI Dubai operation has trained more 500 + working professionals through their various long duration academic programs. i.e. Executive Program in management , Logistics and Supply Chain and in Human recourse Management. All the XLRI programs are delivered in the evening class mode with 100% faculty inputs from XLRI India. In the last 13 years XLRI – AIMS proudly states that their Management Development Program has attracted both International & Local companies.See all XLRI courses