- Duration: 7 - 12 months
- Timings: Flexible
Our online LLM Transnational Oil, Gas and Energy Law degree provides the only integrated and complete study of the complex legal relationships that define the sector.
All of the learning materials and approaches have been designed exclusively for this programme by our experts in online legal education. The award-winning team* is one of the longest-established and most effective providers of online LLMs in the UK, also recognised for their expertise in supporting work-based and inter-professional learning.
- You will need to possess a good undergraduate degree in a subject relevant to postgraduate study of justice systems; OR
- Be a graduate with significant experience through work or voluntary engagement in the justice sector; OR
- Be professionally qualified to work in the justice sector at a graduate stage or above.
If you do not have the appropriate grade or relevant degree, you may still be considered by the Admissions Tutor, who will assess your suitability for this course by taking into account your industry experience, previous learning and any other information provided on your application. If your application demonstrates substantial relevant experience, the Admissions Tutor will make an offer (if all other conditions in this section are met).
If English is not your first language
You will need an English language requirement of IELTS 7.0 or above.
If there is any uncertainty over your application and the details supplied, you may be requested to undertake a telephone or online interview.
The LLM is built around six substantive modules, which together provide a comprehensive overview of transnational oil, gas and energy law. Modules are designed to be studied in complementary pairs, providing three thematic areas which can be studied in any order:
Post Graduate Diploma (120 Credits)
All three themes (A,B,C) are studied
Theme A: Energy Finance and Economics Law
- National and International Regulation (20 credits)
- Procurement, Investment, Insurance and Reparation (20 credits)
- Applied Project in Energy Finance and Economics Law (20 credits)
Theme B: Energy Law and Practice
- Upstream Oil, Gas and Petroleum Contracting (20 credits)
- Arbitration and Dispute Resolution (20 credits)
- Applied Project in Energy Law and Practice (20 credits)
Theme C: Energy Sustainability Law
- Energy Processing and Distribution Law (20 credits)
- Law of Energy Security and Sustainability (20 credits)
- Applied Project in Energy Sustainability Law (20 credits)
- Applied Project in Energy Law and Practice (Theme B)
- National and International Regulation (Theme A)
- Procurement, Investment, Insurance and Reparation (Theme A)
- Arbitration and Dispute Resolution (Theme B)
- Upstream Oil, Gas, Petroleum Contracting (Theme B)
- Energy Processing and Distribution Law (Theme C)
- Law of Energy, Security and Sustainability (Theme C)
- Applied Project in Energy Sustainability Law (Theme C)
About University of Derby Online LearningSee all University of Derby Online Learning courses
- Certificate European Law for International Business City of London College of Economics
USD 369Duration: Upto 3 Months
- British Citizenship Diploma New Skills Academy
USD 299Duration: Upto 15 Hours