- Fees / Price AED 2,450
- Duration 3 Months
- Timings 12:00 17:00 (Weekend Only)
- Locations Dubai Marina
The course objective is to give you the knowledge and skills to advise and implement lay counselling skills and help participants or individuals with positive lifestyle changes through considering a range of wellness factors, including exercise, nutrition, wellness and stress management. Eta courses provide a scientific balance between learning theory and learning through practical experience.
- Describe the components of stress.
- Advise on lifestyle changes for improved stress management.
- Identify psychodynamic factors, which impact on lifestyle and/or performance.
- Perform lifestyle screening and assessment to interpret and advise accordingly.
- Develop an intervention programme based on the needs and goals of the participant.
- Equip the individual with skills and mechanisms to balance their lives.
- Display appropriate communication and lay counselling skills.
- Refer to and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Accrediting Body: REPS UAE
eta is a private training college specialising in qualifications that lead to employment in the sport and fitness industries. As a single-purpose training college, we provide dynamic courses in sport and fitness that lead to qualifications that are registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). Our qualifications are benchmarked against the best international standards in sport and fitness. This means that our graduates find employment easily; all over the world..
As a specialist training college, eta‘s unique teaching approach ensures that students are totally immersed in the theory and practice of their subjects. We balance classroom theory and research with applied practice and authentic work integrated learning. Our students leave us fitter and stronger than when they started thus they graduate skilled and ready for the workplace.
eta is an accredited training college, registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training. In fulfilling its accreditation criteria, eta is recognized by the Register of Exercise Professionals SA (REPSSA) and our graduates are able to join this international professional body as soon as they qualify. Not only that, the first year of REPSSA membership for our graduating fitness students is sponsored by eta.See all eta College courses
Sport and Fitness Related Questions
I am a nurse interested in becoming a student counselor. Which course do you recommend and would ...
Unanswered //Jun 3, 2016 Counselling, Psychology and Social work
Interested in a personal training course in Dubai, so I can get to be a personal trainer during m...
Unanswered //Sep 29, 2016 Sport and Fitness