Fujairah aviation academy conversion courses to the GCAA type licences. We aim to provide the most up to date information, but please check with the appropriate regulatory authority for the latest and most current regulations for your conversion. In order to convert to any GCAA License you must meet the experience as per CAR part II for the issue of the licence you are applying for, and you must complete the following:
- Flight and ground training as required to prepare you for air law knowledge test with a score of 75% or better. This test is administered at GCAA facility and you must successfully complete oral and a practical test, which will be given as a final exam by an GCAA inspector or a designated examine
- Valid foreign Medical Certificate and Licence.
- Minimum 18 years of age for a CPL and 21 years for an ATPL .
- Meet the experience requirement of the CAR part II for the issuance of PPL/CPL/ATPL.
- Letter from approved school / operator.
- All student required by law to get Security clearance prior to commencing flight training in the U.A.E (Fujairah Aviation Academy will apply for your security clearance when all your documents with course application fee received .)
- Personal interview with the Fujairah Aviation Academy enrollment committee and he/she must demonstrate excellent flying skills, thorough knowledge of the academic subjects
- Upon completion of the above steps you will be issued with a GCAA Pilots Licence.
About Fujairah Aviation Academy
Fujairah Aviation Academy formerly known as Fujairah Aviation Centre was originally founded in 1986 under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Saleh Mohammed Hamad Al Sharqi. As one of the school’s first students and still a keen pilot himself, Sheik Saleh continues to promote and support interest and knowledge of the Aviation Industry to aspiring pilots.
Fujairah itself enjoys an outstanding climate coupled with its own airport facilities, allowing unequalled access and operational conditions for flight training. Over the first twenty years Fujairah has provided professional aviation education for students requiring the Private Pilots License and the Commercial Pilots License. With the emergence of the United Arab Emirates as a world class business centre bringing innovation, expertise and technology to the region, we enter into our third decade being proud to introduce an Academy of Aviation Excellence in the form of the first dedicated Airline Transport Pilots License School in the Middle East.
All of the Fujairah Aviation Academy’s (FAA) courses are approved by the UAE GCAA, and upon successful completion, result in the issue of a UAE licence. The UAE is a member of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Licences issued by the UAE are convertible to the licences of other ICAO states, subject to their civil aviation regulations.
Aviation Related Questions
I have completed aeronautical engineering program. Which course should I attend to upgarde myself...
Unanswered //Nov 5, 2016 Aviation, Engineering
Could you please help me on which courses should I join to be a part of airport since I have been...
Unanswered //Dec 14, 2016 IATA, Aviation
Unanswered //Jan 21, 2017 IATA, Aviation
Unanswered //Sep 20, 2017 Aviation Management, Aviation