- Price QAR 6,000
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Somerset West Bay Doha
Liability insurance is a part of the general insurance system of risk financing to protect the purchaser (the "insured") from the risks of liabilities imposed by lawsuits and similar claims. It protects the insured in the event he or she is sued for claims that come within the coverage of the insurance policy. Originally, inpiduals or companies that faced a common peril, formed a group and created a self-help fund out of which to pay compensation should any member incur loss (in other words, a mutual insurance arrangement).
The modern system relies on dedicated carriers, usually for-profit, to offer protection against specified perils in consideration of a premium. Liability insurance is designed to offer specific protection against third party insurance claims, i.e., payment is not typically made to the insured, but rather to someone suffering loss who is not a party to the insurance contract. In general, damage caused intentionally as well as contractual liability are not covered under liability insurance policies. When a claim is made, the insurance carrier has the duty (and right) to defend the insured. The legal costs of a defense normally do not affect policy limits unless the policy expressly states otherwise; this default rule is useful because defense costs tend to soar when cases go to trial.
This course serves as an inroduction to Liability Insurance.
Upon the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the law of torts and its implication on liability insurance
- Apply the cover of employer’s liability insurance and its practices to relevant underwriting and claims considerations
- Contrast the cover of employer’s liability insurance with that of workmen’s compensation insurance
- Examine the cover of public and product liability insurance and its practices to relevant underwriting and claims considerations
- Apply the cover of professional indemnity insurance and its practices to relevant underwriting and claims considerations
- Discuss the cover of directors and officers’ liability insurance and its practices to relevant underwriting and claims considerations
- Explain the interrelation between different types of liability covers
- Insurance employees, Brokers, Agents, Loss Adjusters, Employees who manage insurance in non-insurance companies.
- The course is conducted via a combination of lectures; case studies; role plays; and videos, where applicable.
- Legal personality
- Nature of tort / Defences and remedies in tort
- Negligence, trespass, nuisance, defamation and strict liability
- Law of contract
- Limitation of actions
- Compensation awards in liability insurance
- Public liability insurance policy
- Employers liability insurance and workmen’s compensation
- Products liability policy
- Professional indemnity, errors and omission and directors and officers indemnity insurance
- Underwriting and rating of liability insurance.
Day Topics to be covered
- 1 The risks, cover & practices of public and product liability insurance
- 2 Market practices
- 3 Policy coverage
- 4 Policy coverage
- 5 The nature of employers’ liability risk Workplace legislation
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses