- Locations: Fahaheel
- Duration: 3 to 6 Months
The City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is a standard qualification for people who are new into a health and safety role or managers who would like to formalise their knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace. The qualification is suitable for people who work in all industry sectors and ideal if you who wish to develop your skills and knowledge in the application of health and safety good practice within the workplace. The City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Certificate is equivalent to the NEBOSH International General Certificate.
The Level 3 NVQ Certificate is a work-based certification that recognises a person's competence using workplace performance assessment, rather than relying on teaching and examinations
The qualification needs the collection of evidence from your day-to-day health and safety work activities. This process does not require you to be away from your workplace for long periods and any time spent with your assessor is spread over the period it takes you to complete the qualification, this is essentially a distance learning approach to gaining a qualification. Candidates who prefer to be analysed by examinations should consider the NEBOSH International General Certificate.
To gain the City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety learners must acquire a total of 31 credits. Learners will need to obtain a total of 23 credits from the mandatory units and a minimum of 8 credits from the optional units, therefore a minimum of 7 units. The number of credits specifies the size of the unit and award.
You will need to demonstrate knowledge and competence in the mandatory units:
- Ensure responsibilities for actions to reduce risks to health and safety (4 credits)
- Develop procedures to safely control work operations (4 credits)
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations (5 credits)
- Promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace (4 credits)
- Conduct a health and safety risk assessment of the workplace (6 credits)
A minimum of two optional units must be completed:
- Investigate and evaluate health and safety incidents and complaints in the workplace (5 credits)
- Make sure actions in the workplace aim to protect the environment (4 credits)
- Review health and safety procedures in the workplace (4 credits)
- Supervise the health, safety and welfare of a learner in the workplace (4 credits)
They offer a comprehensive range of certified cTheirses in Health, Safety and Risk and Environmental & Drilling Training
TUTIS is formed in 2012.They offer a comprehensive range of globally recognised, vocationally-related qualifications designed to meet the health, safety, environmental,risk management and drilling certificates needs of all places of work in both the private and public sectors.See all Tutis courses
Workplace safety Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 18, 2017 NEBOSH, Health and Safety