- Locations: Abu Halifa
- Duration: 24 Hours
The LEED AP Building Design + Construction credential demonstrates advanced knowledge of greenbuilding practices with specialization in the Green Building Design + Construction LEED rating systems(New Construction, Schools and Core & Shell). This credential is designed for professionals with hands-ontechnical experience on a LEED® registered and/or certified project, includingarchitects,designers, engineers, designers, and building managers.
- Understand the LEED NC scorecard, Manual and LEED Online well enough to take the LEEAP+ EXAM and know how to perform the role of a LEED Project Administrator
- Possess valuable tools for working on LEED projects, and resources that digdeeper into specific Sustainable Practices.
- Have tools for working on LEED projects that foster team integration and asustainable designed construction process at every phase of a project.
- Gain industry knowledge of what systems and products are available to help a project meet or exceed Green Building goals.
- Get a broader understanding of how the USGBC and LEED Rating Systems are affecting International, Federal, State and local building code.
- Demonstrate knowledge of LEED Building Design and Construction (BD+C) credit intents and requirements;
- Identify and implement green design and building strategies for projects seeking LEED certification;
- Describe the process of submitting a project for BD+C certification; and Implement a plan to study for the LEED BD+C exam.
Credential Maintenance Program
LEED APs must complete 30 continuing education (CE) hours biennially. For more information on credential maintenance, see the CMP Guide.
Earning the LEED AP after the LEED® Green Associate™
If you are a LEED Green Associate when you earn the LEED AP credential, your LEED Green Associate credential expires and is replaced by the LEED AP.
- Getting started
- Minimum program requirements
- Rating system selection guidance
- Integrative process
- Location and transportation
- Sustainable sites
- Water efficiency
- Energy and atmosphere
- Materials and resources
- Indoor environmental quality
- Regional priority