This course is designed to instill an in-depth understanding of Lean Six Sigma and give you a clear sense of what is required to define high impact improvement projects. It will help you establish Lean Six Sigma measurements and complete Lean Six Sigma projects using the systematic and proven Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) methodology. This course offers you the perfect opportunity to demonstrate your foundational understanding of process management and improvement through the IIL Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification.
Who is the Course for?
Anyone interested in learning the fundamental principles, concepts and terminology of Lean Six Sigma will benefit from this course. Executives, managers, support employees, account managers, sales representatives and operational managers who support Lean Six Sigma (either internally or externally through customers engaged in this initiative) should not miss this opportunity. This class is also perfect for employees about to participate on a Lean Six Sigma team.
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
Introduction to the Fundamentals and Vision of Lean Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma's focus on the customer, on quality and on results
- The costs of poor quality
- Critical factors to consider when deploying Lean Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma as a process improvement methodology
- Lean Six Sigma metrics
- Why do it - return on investment (ROI) and payback for Lean Six Sigma
- Business Process Management
- Critical Lean Six Sigma roles and responsibilities
- Main aspects of managing the organizational change
- Project selection
Metrics of Lean Six Sigma and the DMAIC Model
- How to strategically align business metrics and projects within an organization
- How to identify and measure quality characteristics which are critical to customers
- What does the customer (internal or external) really want from our products and services?
- Establishing appropriate teams and setting those teams up to be successful
- What defines a good measurement system?
- How are we doing? (the secret to measuring the right things correctly)
- How to improve output measures by understanding and measuring the process
- Where are there defects? (how to properly select and scope high-impact projects)
- Where is the process broken? (the Lean Six Sigma version of root cause analysis)
- How to determine the process efficiency, or value add, of a process
- The appropriate use of quality tools
- Understanding the concept of variation and how to reduce knee-jerk reactions
- How to achieve breakthrough results for any key measure
- How can we ensure the identified improvements will be sustainable?
About International Institute for Learning, Inc. (IIL)
With a wholly-owned network of operating companies all over the world and clients in more than 150 countries, IIL is a global leader in training and certification, coaching and mentoring, consulting and customized course development. Our core competencies include: Project, Program and Portfolio Management; Business Analysis; Lean Six Sigma and Process Excellence; Agile; ITIL ; Leadership and Interpersonal Skills.
Using our proprietary Many Methods of Learning™, IIL delivers innovative, effective and consistent training solutions through a variety of learning approaches: Virtual, Traditional Classroom, On-Demand, Mobile, Video and Simulation. As a PMI Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.); a member of PMI's Global Executive Council; an APMG Accredited Training Organization (ATO) for PRINCE2 , ITIL , and others; a Microsoft Partner (with a Microsoft Gold Project and Portfolio Management competency); and an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider (EEP™), IIL is the training solution partner of choice for many top global companies.See all International Institute for Learning, Inc courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.