- Duration 32 Hours
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
This course provides students with a detailed overview of the Lean Manufacturing module in Microsoft Dynamics AX. It provides a description of the main features and processes used to run lean manufacturing and includes detailed labs, scenarios, examples, and demonstrations that range from understanding and configuring different types of Kanbans, to subcontracting and setting up production flow costing.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the core concepts of Lean manufacturing.
- Create a new production flow version and describe activity relations and constraints, picking activities and costing implications.
- Define Kanbans and describe their types including: withdrawal, fixed quantity, event, scheduled and subcontracting Kanbans.
- Explain how fixed quantity Kanbans are used including how to set up rules, review planning processes, and use the Kanban schedule board.
- Describe how event Kanbans are used including how to configure rules, set up sales line events, Kanban line events, BOM line events and stock replenishment events.
- Describe the processes associated with the planned order type Kanban.
- Define and setup activity based subcontracting.
- Describe production flow costing including: back flushing, conversion costs, cost reporting to the general ledger, and how production costing is set up for a Kanban job based on subcontracting activity.
- Define how to set up and configure Kanban quantity calculation policies and how to create quantity calculations to generate and update Kanban rules.
- Basic Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Production.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Trade and Logistics.
- Module 1: Concepts and OverviewThis module provides the conceptual foundation for an appropriate understanding of the basic concepts in Lean manufacturing, including the structure of the Lean functionality, and the required setup in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Module 2: Production FlowsThis module explains the purpose of production flows, how to set them up, how they are vital as the foundation for the Lean manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, and the implications that the production flow has from a costing and inventory point of view.
- Module 3: Use and Manage KanbansThis module provides a base level introduction into the various types of Kanbans and an overview of how they are best used in the Lean manufacturing production environment.
- Module 4: Fixed Quantity Kanbans
- Module 5: Event Kanbans
- Module 6: Scheduled KanbansThis module explains the setup of a scheduled Kanban rule and describes Master Planning settings that affect these rules. It also describes how to plan scheduled Kanbans, including how to work with planned orders, the Supply Overview form, and the scheduled Kanban Process Boards.
- Module 7: Activity Based SubcontractingThis module describes how subcontracting can be set up in a Lean production environment to allow manufacturing activities to be performed by outside vendors.
- Module 8: Production Flow Costing
- Module 9: Kanban Quantity Calculations
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses