This course gives you an opportunity to critically review the new skills you will require to lead a team of managers. We deliberately move away from the common leadership topics such as leadership styles, team building and motivation, as the variety of information held within this course is designed to reflect the new perspective of managing managers. It will enable you to make an immediate impact and rapidly gain commitment to perform as a true senior management team.
Is it right for me?
This course will be of value to any manager who is stepping into a role where you are now responsible for leading a team of managers or for those more senior managers who wish to develop their capability as a leader of managers.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define your role as a leader of leaders
- Position yourself in relation to different management levels
- Develop specific managerial practices in management of managers
- Create a supportive team culture within your team
- Inspire confidence and enthusiasm within your team of managers
What will it cover?
Position Yourself as a Manager of Managers
- Your organisation’s expectations as a manager of managers
- Assessing your responsibilities as a manager of managers
- Add value to your role of managing your team of managers
- Reporting upwards and managing your manager
Influence and Lead Your Team of Managers
- Building your personal identity as a leader of managers
- Build the relationships within your team
- Create a shared vision of the company’s challenges
- Work together towards priority critical company issues
Implementing Monitoring Tools
- Determine the essential working procedures for your team
- Formalise levels of reporting and monitoring processes
- Setting up the working standards for your team of managers
- Managing difficult situations when team rules are broken
Develop and Perform as a United Management Team
- Give your managers an appropriate level of autonomy
- Apply appropriate levels of delegation
- Encourage suitable levels of support and challenge within your team
- Identify when to stand back or make selected interventions
Personal Application Planning
- Build a personal development plan for your role as a leader of managers
- Develop an action plan ready to implement with your team
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses