No matter how knowledgeable and competent its individual members may be, a dysfunctional team will undermine organisational goals, sap morale and waste effort. This seminar focuses on the critical roles of team leader and middle manager in harnessing their team's potential, and introduces and practises techniques for moving the team to peak performance.
- Understanding the role of the leader in team performance
- Measuring and managing performance
- Creating a shared team vision
- Harnessing the dynamics of the team
- Optimising team flexibility and commitment
- Understanding your role as a leader
- Identifying and leveraging talent within the team
- Engaging and motivating the team with shared vision and values
- Establishing clear objectives and standards of performance for your team
- Measuring and managing team performance
- Managing and using conflict and challenge
The seminar uses a range of approaches to learning, including experiential group activities, individual exercises, mini-case studies, role plays and syndicate discussions. Formal inputs are used to introduce underpinning theory. A key part of the learning process is sharing the differing experiences participants bring, as well as experimenting with novel - and sometimes challenging - techniques. A psychometric instrument will be used to generate a personality profile, which will contribute to your understanding of your preferences and personal style.
Team leaders and managers who have shared and practised different ways of performing the key leadership functions offer increased self-awareness, flexibility and confidence. They are better able to stand back from the everyday detail and focus on longer-term organisational and team needs, and can devote more time to investing in future capability.
Participants will be exposed to a range of different approaches to leadership practice, allowing them to select those most suitable for their team's requirements and the changing situations they together face. The opportunity to share experiences with fellow participants and experiment with new techniques in the safety of the training room will provide a broad spectrum of perspectives.
Teams and their Leaders
- Teams, leaders and managers
- Key leadership tasks
- Influence, authority and power
- Leadership styles and style flexibility
- Emotional intelligence and rapport
Vision, Direction & Alignment
- Creating a shared vision
- Aims, objectives and goal alignment
- Developing meaningful objectives and indicators
- Divergent approaches to problem-solving
- Communicating a compelling vision
- Delivering challenging messages
- Team development
- The sociology of the team
- Characteristics of high-performing teams
- Balancing team roles
- Non-traditional team structures
- Delegation and empowerment
Developing the Team
- Learning and competence
- Building a coherent team
- Self-managing teams and their challenges
- Coaching, mentoring and self-directed learning
- Feedback and appraisal
- Leveraging team strengths for peak performance
Performance & Conflict Management
- Defining performance
- Approaches to measuring team and individual performance
- Performance through the eyes of the customer
- Performance management: science or art?
- Conflict as a catalyst for team development
- Dealing with challenging interpersonal relations
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.