- Locations: Dubai FLOOR 27, SUITE 2701 HDS TOWER JUMEIRAH LAKE TOWER, SHEIKH ZAYED ROAD
- Call: +971 4 2753473
When we think of a leader, we think of someone who is in control and is powerful: someone who will tell us what to do and how to do it and someone who will lead by example. While all these are qualities a leader may possess, a true leader is someone who can see beyond their own power and have a wider goal of guiding, helping and inspiring others.
Contrary to popular belief, leaders are not only those in positions of power or at the top of the hierarchy but leadership skills can be found among anyone. Another commonly held belief about leaders is that they are charismatic and domineering and their personalities are the reasons why they have become leaders. This, however, is not always true. Leadership is not just about a personality or adjectives associated with a person.
According to Bill Gates, leaders are those who empower others. Other prominent leaders have described leadership as a skill which leads to influencing others and the ability to turn a vision into a reality. Forbes magazine defines leadership as "a process of social influence, which maximizes the efforts of others, towards the achievement of a goal."
In any organization, strong leadership and management are essential for it to succeed. Leaders can provide inspiration, manage change and improve the performance of a company through influencing others to achieve the desired goals.
Leadership is an acquired skill and through the right training and guidance, you can incorporate it into your style of working. This course will show participants ways in which they can enhance and develop leadership skills. The course is interactive in nature and through discussions, presentation and case studies: the course will aim to enlighten participants about the benefits as well as the necessity for all businesses to have strong and effective leaders.
The course aims to achieve the following:
- Provide insight into leadership styles and their impact
- Provide the basis for maximizing personal leadership development
- Educate participants about the strategies used by strong leaders to achieve goals
- Enable participants to become acquainted with the process of innovation and change through effective leadership
- Equip participants with skills needed to become effective leaders
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Be familiar with leadership foundational theories and models
- Demonstrate the ability to apply theory to their own work
- Acquire a more deeper sense of self-awareness and become familiar with own weaknesses and strengths
- Be familiar with cultural and ethnic persity and how to inspire a global audience
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and ability to effectively communicate with others
- Create an action plan with a vision and ways in which to realize the vision through leadership
Kawader is a learning and development institute licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority of Dubai (KHDA) that helps people grow in so many ways. It is a place where they combine theoretical information and practical exercises to create memorable and impactful experiences that drive towards learning, behavioral change and business outcomes.
At Kawader, their mission is to prepare people to work in a multicultural environment, face new challenges, critically assess business issues and contribute to a brighter future for their organizations.
their consultants are energetic, experienced and committed leaders in learning. They have worked in a wide range of industries including telecommunications, universities, banking, transportation, governmental agencies, health care, media, and hospitality.
their focus is on using innovative, engaging learning methods to reach favorable outcomes. they work as partners with their clients to develop new insights and building capabilities that make a difference.See all Kawader courses