- Price AED 4,500
- Duration 6 Days
- Timings 09:00am - 5:00pm
- Locations Sharjah
This training program is intended to prepare participants for the certification exams of the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Technologist (AMT), and UAE Ministry of Health among others. As such, this program offers an excellent chance for a comprehensive review of fundamental concepts in medical lab practice and a detailed recap of the latest developments in the field.
- Review fundamental concepts in major core areas of medical lab practice
- Develop the necessary skills to understand and interpret clinical case scenarios
and actual cases
- Make essential connections between theoretical concepts and practical aspects
of medical lab sciences
- Develop a working understanding of quality control concepts and protocols as they apply to medical lab practice and Refresh laboratory mathematics skills
What is unique about this Workshop
- Formal presentations & Case study group discussions
- Problem-based learning and problem solving sessions
- Homework & assignments
- ASCP exam simulation sessions
- Holders of a bachelor's degree in medical lab sciences or equivalent (biology, biotechnology, medicine, etc.). Medical lab technologists and lab specialists.
- Students (graduating seniors) of medical lab sciences, biology, biotechnology, medicine, etc.
- Clinical Chemistry (20 hours)
- Hematology and Coagulation (20 hours)
- Microbiology (20 hours)
- Blood Bank (10 hours)
- Urinalysis and Body Fluids (10 hours)
- Immunology and Serology (10 hours)
- Laboratory Operation (10)
Dates:3rd - 8th May 2017
The University of Sharjah Clinical and Surgical Training Center encompass Sharjah Surgical Institute (SSI), Clinical Training Centre (CTC), Laser Training and research Centre and Samsung-Medison Ultrasound Centre. The facility is state-of-the-art training complex for health care professionals in the region, which is regarded as one of the best training facility in the MENA region. The centre is equipped with top quality laparoscopic and endoscopic surgery facility using animal, dry lab and virtual reality platforms.
It is the University of Sharjah first “Special Unit” a cost center, which achieved financial independence and sustainability from the first year of operation.
Since its inauguration in May 2010 the centre has conducted 301 surgical and clinical training courses involving more than 4,830 doctors, nurses and other health professionals from UAE, GCC, Middle East, India and Pakistan as well as some African Countries.
Our centers are accredited provider of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) by UAE Health Authorities. All courses offered at all the centers are awarded CPD points commensurate with the length and quality of courses. This service has enhanced the status of the Centers.
Our training activities are accredited by international professional institutions including American Heart Association, Royal College of Surgeons of England/ Glasgow and Ireland, International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO), European Surgical Association and Fotona Laser Academy. The Ultrasound courses is being considered by WINFOCUS.
Training curriculum follows standards of American Heart Association, American College of Surgeons, European Surgical Institute , ITLS international , Royal College of Surgeons and Advanced Life Support Group.
Healthcare and Medical Related Questions
Unanswered //Oct 12, 2016 Healthcare and Medical
Nursing, at Abu Dhabi, I love the health sector and I want to help people get well. I have diplom...
Unanswered //Jan 9, 2017 Nursing, Healthcare and Medical