- Locations: Agouza
- Duration: 1 Day
One of the most important tools the student chef must master is the knife. Good knife skills are critical to a chef’s success, because the knife is the most commonly used tool in the kitchen.
In this course chefs will learn how to handle and use chef’s knives from sharpening, washing and storing of knives to proper slicing, dicing, chopping, mincing and tourning techniques. All the classical vegetable and potato cuts with the exact sizes are also covered.
Structure of the workshop and topics covered:
- How to sharpen knives
- How to wash and store knives properly
- How to hold a knife properly
- How to handle a knife properly from slicing, dicing, chopping to mincing and tourning
- Identification of a variety of classical vegetable and potato cuts and shapes
- How to master all classical cuts of vegetables and potatoes
- The use of a mandolin
About Egyptian Chefs Association
The Egypt Young Chefs Club (EYCC) is the youth arm of the Egyptian Chefs Association. Their organization nurtures youthful talent in the food and beverages field and is reputed for its distinctive mission, excellent culinary standards and dedication to promoting continuous improvement in the profession. They aspire to build a community where young professionals will enjoy an open society in which information exchange and networking are the hallmarks of its mission.See all Egyptian Chefs Association courses