- Location: Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Duration: 5 Days
- Timings: 9am - 4pm
The course aims to develop and perfect journalistic translation skills, which include paraphrasing and re-writing. It is meant to address the needs of journalists in various paper and online media publications. The “source” language offered in the course is English, while the “target” language is Arabic. (As a prerequisite, applicants should be able to handle English as a second language). Some of the aspects offered by the course:
- An insight into journalistic translation in comparison with other types of translation.
- Basic techniques of journalistic translation.
- How to re-write news story from English to Arabic?
- The role of political and cultural sensitivities in re-writing or re-phrasing the news story.
- Common mistakes. How to avoid them?
Huzama Habayeb, is an acclaimed writer and translator, having authored several novels and short story collections, and translated books on diverse topics, covering politics, environmental issues, science, and business management.Updated on 17 April, 2016
Why Choose tadreeb (twofour54)?
twofour54 tadreeb offers world-class courses and training solutions in all aspects of media from its state-of-the-art academy located in Abu Dhabi.
twofour54 tadreeb is recognised by employers throughout MENA as the leading provider of media-related training ranging from digital audio techniques and video journalism, through to writing for radio and social media skills. If you want to develop your media skills and are based in the Arab region, where better to than at the MENA’s leading media training academy.See all twofour54 courses