- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
In this instructor-led course, learn how to develop applications using the Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE) 6 programming language.
This course introduces you to the Java language and programming techniques using lectures, demonstrations, and extensive labs. It covers \ object-oriented programming, Java syntax, and important Java classes and interfaces such as collections, exceptions, threads, I/O, and other utility classes.
Hands-on lab exercises throughout the course allows you to gain hands-on experience with Java programming, covering skills such as building classes, debugging Java code, refactoring, and creating and running test cases. You have the choice of performing the lab exercises using either Eclipse V3.6 or IBM Rational Application Developer V8.0.
This basic course is for those with little or no Java programming experience. However, some programming experience and some familiarity with object-oriented programming is helpful.
- Describe the fundamentals of object-oriented programming I
- Use Java syntax to develop applications in Java
- Use inheritance and interfaces in Java applications
- Refactor Java code
- Describe and use some of the important API classes and interfaces available in Java, including:
- Primitive wrapper classes
- Classes in the Collections Framework
- Utility classes
- I/O classes
- Use generic types in Java classes
- Develop components (beans) using the JavaBeans API
- Use the Java features in Eclipse V3.6 or Rational Application Developer V
- Debug Java programs
- Perform unit testing of Java applications using Junit
You should be familiar with object-oriented (OO) programming, or successfully complete course Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming with Java Examples (WD150) or Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming with Java Examples (Remote Classroom) (VD150GB).
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses