- Duration 40 Hours
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
The Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME) provides a rich and robust environment for the development of applications that run on mobile devices. Java is currently running on over 3 billion phones and offers unrivaled potential for mobile developers worldwide. Oracle is the leader in providing mobile phone technology. This course includes coverage of the development of mobile applications that use Connected Device Limited Configuration (CDLC)and the Mobile Interface Device Profile (MIDP), and the Lightweight User Interface Toolkit (LWUIT). Using the latest NetBeans IDE and JavaME SDK, students will develop user interfaces with MIDP, a game with sounds using Sprites and Layers, sophisticated user interfaces using LWUIT, applications that access a mobile database, and applications that leverage Location and Payment APIs.
- Render HTML using LWUIT
- Write an application that uses location-based services such as GPS
- Create a Java ME MIDlet and run it on the emulator
- Create a custom LWUIT component
- Use the PushRegistry to register events such as alarms and connections
- Open and read from I/O connections
- Create a MIDP form and add basic components to it
- Use the MIDP canvas and write an application to paint on the canvas
- Create a game using Sprites and Layers
- Create a application to play audio from the mobile phone emulator
- Create applications using LWUIT components
- Use the LWUIT Resource Editor to apply a theme
- Use LWUIT list components
- Write a Payment application
- Use RMS to read and write files on a mobile device
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses