This is a combined Subsea & Surface at Driller or Supervisor Level course (Level 2 & 3 & 4). The purpose is to submit the understanding of well control techniques for surface or subsea BOP installations at driller or supervisor level according to International Well Control Forum standards. When booking please state required test level.
Assessment consists of:
- Practical assessment using simulator equipment (type of simulator dependent on location of training)
- Principles & Procedures (P&P) Written Examination
- Surface/Subsea Well Control Equipment Written Examination
- IWCF certificates are valid for 2 years
This course is designed to fulfill the requirements for International Well Control Forum (IWCF) Combined Surface/Subsea Well Control Qualification. It is assumed that the inpidual attending this course fulfills the prerequisite requirements of this course. The program is aimed at persons in well control critical positions. Candidates are required to complete the IWCF accredited training course prior to sitting assessment. Course content will be taught according to the IWCF syllabus and will prepare candidates for the IWCF examinations and assessment.
- Show the principles and procedures used in well control operations with a subsea BOP Stack as described in the IWCF Rotary Well Control Surface & Subsea BOP Stack Certification Syllabus.
- Use the Equipment for well control operations with a subsea BOP Stack as described in the IWCF Rotary Well Control Surface & Subsea BOP Stack Certification Syllabus.
- Show that a well control situation can be mastered by use of simulator according to IWCF standards.
- Obtain sufficient knowledge about the course content to pass a written test with minimum 70% score.
- Well Barriers
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Well Control Definitions & Concepts
- API Recommended Practices and API Specifications
- Compensating for Choke Line Friction
- Riser Margin
- Kick Tolerance
- Lick Causes
- Shallow Gas
- Well Control Preparation
- Well Shut-in Procedures
- Gas Behaviours
- Well Control Procedures
- Vertical vs Deviated Well Control
- Well Control Equipment
Who should attend?
- Rig site personnel in critical well control positions and office based engineers/supervisors who require IWCF certification.
- Valid IWCF Introductory Well Control - Level 2
- Valid IWCF Well Control (Drillers) - Level 3
- Valid IWCF Well Control (Supervisor) - Level 4
Under special circumstances, dispensation to move from level-2 to level-4, or, to move direct to level-3 can be given. In both cases the candidate must have successfully completed an industry accepted/ recognized training program such that they can pass a Level-3 Knowledge test at the accredited center prior to enrollment on this Level-4 course.
About Soleman Training & Consulting
technical training and professional development services for the oil and Gas industry. We offer a portfolio of over 100 practical courses, training programs, and competency services that cover technical skills and asset teams need.
Our curriculum includes introductory to advanced training in key disciplines including Geology, Drilling, Reservoir, Production, Facilities, Management, and Economics. We also offer workflow training courses and programs using Simulator software tools.See all Soleman Training & Consulting courses