- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 16 Hours
- Locations Apartment 22, 2nd Floor, No. 11, Road 12, Thakanat El Maadi â€“ Cairo, EGYPT
Information is a key input for all organizations. Flows of information in logistics and transport are as fundamental as the flows of goods, materials and people. Such information flows occur not only internally within companies, but also between external suppliers, contractors, and customers. All organizations generate large amounts of data but it originates from different sources and may be in a variety of formats. There are different levels of information required in logistics. These different levels and functions can be identified as the strategic, tactical and operational levels.
- Identify and evaluate information for planning and decision-making
- Use information technology to manage business activities ï‚· Contribute to organizational policy on ICT
- Evaluate and report on ICT applications in relation to an organization’s activities
- Contribute to management IS for obtaining and using customer and service information
- Contribute to maintaining security of data and compliance with relevant legislation
- Identify systems for ensuring that customer information is maintained with adequate security and meets legal requirements
- Evaluate the role of IT in the provision of public transport services
- Identify how IT systems improve the efficiency and security of public transport service provision
- Identify information requirements for routing and scheduling of vehicles
CILT Egypt is the local branch of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport – CILT International - the premiere professional body for those engaged in sectors related to transport and logistics. Established in 1919 and receiving its Royal Charter in 1926, CILT has an exciting history behind it, but is always adapting to stay consistent with current logistics and transport issues.
The principal objective of the Institute is “To promote and encourage the art and science of logistics and transport” through both its membership and networking activities and its educational qualifications.
As the sole representative of CILT in Egypt, we are responsible for the promotion and administration of institute membership. CILT Egypt is also entrusted oversight of professional qualifications delivery by accredited training providers.
CILT Egypt also provides support to policy makers and practitioners in both government and the private sector in the elaboration and implementation of strategies and action plans that serve to improve their performance and increase their competitiveness.
It is also worth mentioning that CILT Egypt offers its members the opportunity to establish links with logistics and transport practitioners around the globe as well as have access to interna-tional best practice in logistics and transport through their participation in forums, symposia, conferences and seminars organized by the CILT Community worldwide as well as other international and regional organisations.See all The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport courses