- Fees / Price EGP 13,388
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations 16 Moustafa Refaat St. Block 1137, Sheraton Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt.
This accredited ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation course prepares candidates for the foundation qualification. It provides the knowledge required to gain an understanding of the content and requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 international standard for IT service management (ITSM).
Find out how the practices can be adopted by an organization to deliver managed services, continually improve those services and achieve certification to ISO/IEC 20000-1.
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard for IT service management (ITSM). It defines the requirements for and provides details of the IT service management system (SMS) needed to deliver managed services of an acceptable quality, together with guidance on how to demonstrate conformity with the standard
This course is aimed at those wishing to demonstrate a Foundation-level knowledge concerning ISO/IEC 20000 and its use in a typical IT service provider organization. This qualification does not provide the advanced level of knowledge for external auditors, consultants or those responsible for managing implementation of the standard in a service provider organization. Auditors, consultants and implementers may want to consider the APMG Practitioner or Auditor courses which provide more detail on the use of the standard. The APMG certification exam, which is a multiple-choice exam, can be conducted at the end of the course.
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate their competence in, and their ability to understand:
- The background to the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
- The background to the ISO/IEC 20000 standard organization
- The scope, objectives and requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
- How ISO/IEC 20000 is used with other international standards and ITIL
- The scope of ISO/IEC 20000 series and how parts 1, 2 and 3 can be used
- The terms and definitions used in ISO/IEC 20000
- The requirements for a Service Management System (SMS)
- How to establish an SMS and the need for continual improvement
- Reporting on the IT services and major metrics of the service management processes
- The processes, their objectives and key requirements in a typical IT service provider scenario
- Application, eligibility and scoping requirements to achieve ISO/IEc 20000
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology
- Planning and preparing for an ISO/IEC 20000 audit
- The operation of the certification schemes and the APMG Certification Scheme
- The course is designed to be interactive with exercises, examination practice and a mock examination. The exercises help students to understand:
- The business environment and challenges for service providers
- The characteristics of good services and symptoms of poor service management
- The benefits of adopting ISO/IEC 20000 for the organization, a team and an inpidual
- How the standard is used by different organizations and people in practice
- The exam is a 40 question, multiple choice based exam. Candidates have 1 hour to complete the exam and the pass mark is 65% (26/40). The Foundation exam is a closed book exam.
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses