NIST Institute, the leading course provider in Health and Safety function in India and the Middle East, in association with Bureau Veritas, a global leader in conformity assessment and certification services, conducts IRCA, UK approved and internationally recognized regular Lead Auditor Programmes for ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
The International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) is the world's original and largest international auditor certification body
Aim of this Course:
To equip students with both technical and practical knowledge which are required to perform audits of environmental management systems as per ISO 14001 requirements.
This course will cover
- Environmental Issues
- Environmental Management Systems overview.
- What to look for in Policy and Planning.
- What to look for in Implementation and Operation.
- What to look for in Checking and Corrective Action.
- European and national env. legislation.
- Audit management and techniques.
- Accreditation issues (ISO 17021, IAF MD 1)
- Auditor competence (ISO 19011, IRCA).
- Practical Exercises and workshops.
On successfully completing the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the ISO 14001:2015 standard.
- Understand key environmental issues.
- Plan an audit against a set of audit criteria
- Successfully execute and environmental management systems audit
- Understand the differences between QMS and EMS audits
- Create clear, concise and relevant audit reports
- Communicate your report to a client
This 5 day course uses a mixture of taught sessions, discussions and practical exercises to achieve its aims. The practical exercises are based upon a fictional company. However, the procedures, work instructions and data are typical and could relate to many different enterprises equally. The practical exercises have been carefully designed to focus upon issues that commonly arise during EMS audits.
- Completion of secondary education.
- An understanding of report writing is desirable.
- A prior knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 would be beneficial.
Those candidates who are qualified auditors in other disciplines (QMS, OHSAS) and have experience of environmental management may find the 3 day IRCA EMS Auditor Conversion training course more appropriate.
- There is a two-hour examination for this course. Electronic devices, including laptops and mobile phones, are not permitted into the examination room.
- Delegates will also be assessed on the basis of their progress throughout the exercises.
- Delegates who successfully complete both the examination and the continuous assessment will be awarded a certificate of Successful Completion and will satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA EMS Auditor Certification scheme.
At NIST, safety is our passion to make the work place safer. We provide the most indispensable and essential safety training and solutions for the industrial world. With our services started, NIST has emerged as the leader in safety education. As much as we revere safety, it is our people and team work that are our most valuable assets. When NIST is chosen by an individual or by an organization, they will experience our enduring commitment to keep their safety knowledge improved with our relentless devotion to customer satisfaction.
In order to bring the consciousness and importance of HSE among the professionals, we came forward to deliver various international accredited training courses.
We hold a prominent reputation in our field with our ability to deliver high-quality services with better value additions and it is which unremittingly motivates us to qualify our students through innovation and to grow along with them in creativity, quality, productivity and set exemplary ethical values.
In industries where innovation occurs with technologies and process in a persistent and changing pace, we value endurance and perseverance as high as adaptability to provide safety solutions.
We value your hard earned money. We invest and focus on quality and results than marketing and sales. We train 6000+ Safety Professionals every year anchored across the globe.
We consult, audit and provide HSEQ (Health Safety Environment Quality) standards to your organization. The requisite solutions and services we offer will salvage your business firm from any financial penalty and liabilities thus corroborating your company to comply with all safety regulations and helps to abide by the health and safety laws preventing any damage that could possibly occur to your employees.
Our HSE training projects onshore and offshore has not just helped our clients maintain compliance but also to optimize their EHS performance and set new benchmarks.
We encompassed a wide range of corporates and industries offering them the real depth along with breadth in our safety offerings.
We have offices operating across in India and Gulf countries with deep domain safety expertise. The organization has a pan India presence with office in Chennai, Bangalore, Cochin, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Pune, Hyderabad and Vizag.See all NIST Institute courses