- Fees / Price QAR 3,600
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Somerset West Bay Doha
The Islamic leasing course gives a detailed explanation on the many aspects of Ijarah; covering it’s principles, legal foundations, and more specifically, how it is applied in the current Islamic banking practice. The course makes use of cases that utilise sample contracts to further explain to participants the concepts of Ijarah.
On successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the background of traditional leasing and list the types of leasing that exist
- Review the history of Islamic banking and the current Islamic banking and finance landscape
- Discuss the key principles of Islamic banking, referencing the sources of Shariah, and then specifically relating it with Islamic leasing
- Describe the essential rules of Islamic leasing and explain how Islamic leasing is applied to the modern products of Islamic banking
- Identify and evaluate the key differences between Islamic leasing and traditional leasing
- Explain the key points of AAOIFI Shariah standards No. 9 and FAS No. 8 on Ijarah and apply the latter in solving accounting related questions
This course is for any individual who would like to gain a more in-depth understanding in the specific contract of Ijarah and how it is applied in the current Islamic banking products. More specifically, it is for individuals who deal directly with Ijarah based products.
The course is conducted via a combination of lectures; case studies; role plays; and videos, where applicable
- A historical perspective to traditional leasing
- A review on the history of Islamic banking and its current financial landscape
- Key principles and rules of the Islamic nominate contract of Ijarah
- A discussion on the products of Ijarah: operational Ijarah, financial Ijarah, Islamic Real Estate Investment Trusts, Ijarah Sukuk, Ijarah credit cards
- Accounting for Ijarah transactions under AAOIFI FAS No. 8
- Ijarah and Ijarah Muntahia Bittamleek under AAOIFI Shariah standards No. 9
- Case studies related to Ijarah contract analysis
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses