This iPhone and iPad app development course is designed to get you started in iPhone app development. This course includes Interface Builder, Xcode, Objective-C, Cocoa Touch programming, and the APIs included in the iOS SDK. After completing our iPhone app training course you would be able to build applications for iPhone and iPad. The complete course is hands-on based.
At the end of the course we will built a practical iPhone App in the class. This app development project will ensure that you can build your own apps for iPhone and iPad.
This training course can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends.
Who is this iPhone App Development course for?
This training course is for you if you are interested in using objective-C to build your own iPhone and iPad apps.
Learn from iPhone & iPad App Developers
This course will be offered by our iPhone app developers who have been have been programming professional iPhone application. Those consultants write and teach our iPhone training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- You should have basic experience with object-oriented languages such as Java, PHP, C# or ASP.net.
- You would need to bring your Mac laptop running Snow Leopard
- A basic knowledge of Objective-C. If you never used Objective-C, consider our Objective-C-course
Is this iPhone Course for beginners?
This course is not suitable for delegates with no programming experience. If you have no previous experience of Object Oriented Programming then you can take few other courses to learn Object Oriented Programming. If you would like to first get some object oriented programming experience, we offer PHP course, ASP.net training courses and Objective-C. Please contact us to discuss this pre-requisite.
Introduction iPhone App Development course
- Introducing the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- What is it like developing for Apple's Platform?
- What is Objective-C
- Xcode IDE as a development tool
- The iOS Developer Center, Programme and SDK
- Introduction to Objective-C
- Use Objective-C for iPhone/iPad development
- Objective-C syntax and constructs
- Objective-C classes
- allocate and deallocate objects
- How to define properties
- memory management and ARC
- Foundation classes
- message sending at runtime (dynamic binding)
Cocoa Touch Design Patterns:
- Coca Touch for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
- What are object-oriented design patterns?
- Object-oriented libraries of Coca touch
- What is Model-View-Controller (MVC)?
- Use of delegation
- How to declare a protocol
- What does foundation provide?
- Using NSString and NSArray
- Using Dictionaries
- Using NSXMLParser
- Using NSURLConnection
Xcode IDE as a development tool
- Use Xcode IDE for building iPhone applications
- Debugging and editing using Xcode IDE
- Manage project resources
- Visual Interface design
View and View Controllers
- What are views and view Controllers?
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) design for Apps
- Design Views
- Connect view to controllers
- Apple's pre-built view controllers
Interface builder GUI Tool
- How to design applications using Interface Builder
- Connect interface to your code
- File's Owner and First Responder
- What is a Table View
- Create data source and a delegate
- Insert and delete table data
- Navigate between tables using navigation controllers
- Use of images and other resources in an app
- How to use images
- What are gesture recognizers
- Touch Events
- Taps, swipes and pinches
- How to use built in Animations
- Using blocks to write custom animations
- Application Life Cycle
- The runloop
- What are notification centers?
- iPhone's built in sensors
- Local / Push Notifications
iPhone and iPad virtual keyboard
- Use of virtual keyboard
- The responder chain
- Using delegates to control keyboard input
iPad App Development:
- Difference between iPhone and iPad App
- Build a universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Split-View Controller
Performance and Debugging:
- Find and fix problems
- Eliminate hot spots and slow code
- Instruments utility
- Create navigation in an iPhone App
- How to use Apple's navigation controller
- User of the tab bar controller
Integrate with Apple APIs:
- Integrate your app with Address Book
- Integration with Maps
- Integration with Safari.
- Integration with Messaging
- The iOS5 Twitter API
Integration with 3rd Party APIs
- What is JSON
- What is a RESTful API?
- Use of JSON in your app
- The main thread
- Working with threads
- Using Grand Central Dispatch on iOS
Submitting your app for approval
- How to submit app?
- What to consider before submitting app
Project: Build a complete iPhone application
- Build a complete a real world iPhone application in class with an experienced developer as mentor.
About Global Academy
Global Academy is The Talented Academy based in the heart of Cairo in Egypt. Our main commercial focus is Training, website design and development for smooth running of businesses and promotions online/offline.
Oracle Gold Partner - Oracle Approved Education Center - ITIDA Accreditation - ICT Accreditation - Consulting - OutsourcingSee all Global Academy courses