This course has been designed on a modular basis, (each module being approximately 90 minutes' duration minimum), and is aimed at the general workforce. Module one is the exception to the rule and is approximately three hours' duration. It is an introductory core module taken by all participants. It covers general principles of accident prevention, health and safety law, communication skills, and an overview of the common hazards likely to be encountered in most workplaces. Other modules are agreed with the client and cover specific hazards in detail, and the precautions to be taken with the relevant legislation. A minimum two modules are selected as required.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- identify common hazards likely to be present in the workplace;
- understand that some types of injury occur only after long exposure;
- appreciate the factors involved in a safe and healthy working environment;
- understand the main reasons for ill health and injury at work;
- appreciate how his or her actions may endanger themselves, fellow workers or people passing by the workplace;
- appreciate the significance of attitudes to risk, and of physical and psychological limitations in the causation of incidents leading to injury or damage;
- understand the meaning of a "safe system of work", and the importance of following it;
- understand the role of inspectors in preventing injuries;
- take appropriate action in the event of a fire (or if the fire alarm is raised).
Requires workplace assignment.
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses