It provides employees with an understanding of their individual responsibilities contributing to health and safety in their workplace. Staff gain a basic overview of hazards, risk assessment and controls, workplace precautions, communications, accident reporting and pollution minimisation.
This Course is Suitable For?
All Individuals at any level, any sector, needing a grounding in the essentials of health and safety.
Is This Qualification Recognised?
This qualification is approved by Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH).
Benefits of the Course:
On successful completion of the qualification, the delegates can perform the following:
- Carry out work activities without risk to themselves or others and understand the consequences to both the individual and their organisation if they fail to work safely.
- Identify hazards, risks and risks controls and understand the importance of risk assessment with examples of everyday use of risk assessment.
- Understand how to take appropriate workplace precautions and their importance in the working environment.
- Appreciate the importance of a health and safety management system.
- Identify lines of communication with respect to health and safety in their place of work.
- Identify safety signs and signals.
- Understand emergency, accident plans and procedures and how and who to report accidents, incidents and near misses to, in their place of work.
- Recognise how industry affects the environment and how individuals can minimise pollution and waste.
The IOSH Working Safely training includes 5 modules which are as follows:
- Introducing working safely.
- Defining hazards and risk.
- Identifying common hazards.
- Improving safety performance.
- Protecting the environment.
Akbar HSE Training & Consultancy Services (Akbar HSE TCS) represents the training arm of Akbar HSE Group, with a significant focus on generic safety, beyond from purely offshore. They provide all walks of commercial safety (both nationally and internationally accredited) and full range of Health, Safety and Environment related courses. Akbar HSE TCS provides specifically tailored training courses for Construction/ offshore/ inshore industry. Akbar HSE TCS remains the premier destination for specialised international accredited trainings like NEBOSH, IOSH, Heighfield, Medic First Aid, Emergency First Response & IADC.See all Akbar HSE Training & Consultancy Services courses