This course is aimed at supervisors to introduce them to the concept of a safety management implementation through monitoring, intervention and coaching.
This course has been designed on a modular basis. The modules include the following:
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Risk Management
- Supervisor Behavioural Based Safety Management Programme
- Common Hazards
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- identify health and safety legislation of relevance to their responsibilities
- understand the purpose of risk assessment
- identify hazards (PEME)
- rate the risk associated with each hazard
- select appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks
- understand the various monitoring techniques (pro-active and reactive) and their role in the process
- conduct unsafe act and unsafe condition reviews (USAACR)
- conduct adequate investigations of incidents and record results as per company procedures
- understand the principles of accident prevention
- understand the purpose of behavioural modification
- identify unsafe acts/conditions using USAACR
- understand the importance of verbal feedback
- measure the performance of employees and contractors in their area of responsibility to identify and combat trends.
- Multiple choice test paper of 30 questions
- A practical, work-based project
Successful candidates will be awarded the IOSH Supervising Safely Certificate.
About British Safety Services
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses
Health and Safety Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 18, 2017 NEBOSH, Health and Safety