- Fees / Price KWD 1,000
- Duration 1 Day
- Locations British Safety Services Aqueous 3 Aston Cross Business Park Aston Birmingham B6 5RQ England
Senior management of any organisation e.g. Directors, Company Secretaries, Boards of Trustees.
To ensure senior management are aware of their legal duties as a result of developments in legislation and best practice to ensure compliance with these duties.
By the end of this course delegates should be aware of the moral, financial and legal implications of health and safety in the workplace. In particular they should:
- appreciate the fact that health and safety is a main line management function, emanating from the top layers of management and descending through the organisation;
- appreciate the financial implications of accidents and ill health caused by working conditions;
- be aware of current legislation, in particular the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and other regulations relevant to their own workplace (including an appreciation of the way these statutes relate to one another);
- be aware of the penalties which may be imposed should offences related to health and safety legislation occur, including the concept of corporate manslaughter;
- be aware of the documentation and procedures an organisation is required to keep or carry out in order to satisfy legislation;
- be aware of the root causes of accidents;
- be aware of how the law is shifting in emphasis to a non-prescriptive approach based on the assessment of risk in terms of best current practice;
- have a basic appreciation of the principles of risk assessment; and
- appreciate the need to appoint competent persons to advise and carry out the health and safety function and the requirements of these professionals
- understand the issues that are of importance within their own business and the role they have in improving the situation.
Examination: Multiple choice test paper of 10 questions
Successful candidates will be awarded the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives Certificate.
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses
Health and Safety Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 18, 2017 NEBOSH, Health and Safety