- Locations: British Safety Services Aqueous 3 Aston Cross Business Park Aston Birmingham B6 5RQ England
- Duration: 4 to 5 Days
This course has been designed to meet the needs of managers, from any organisation, who are required to manage efficiently and effectively in compliance with both the organisation's safety policy and health and safety legislation.
The course concentrates on training the manager to apply sound management principles to safety and health issues as part of a total management strategy. The course is modular in nature, and so has allowed BSS to tailor the course to meet the requirements laid down by specific employer needs.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- apply basic management principles and practices to health and safety issues;
- set practicable health and safety objectives and be able to plan and implement courses to achieve those objectives;
- recognise risks present in the workplace and be able to select appropriate control measures;
- take account of risks posed by human factors;
- ensure that adequate information, instruction, training and supervision is provided within the workplace;
- investigate all incidents involving injury or damage in order to determine the causes and to take appropriate remedial actions;
- communicate effectively on health and safety issues with superiors, work people, and health and safety professionals;
- Understand the main legal responsibilities of employers and managers and to act to fulfil them.
This course is run in conjunction with Rapid Results College (RRC) and is also available on a day release basis, for which it is extended to 5 days
About British Safety Services
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses
Health and Safety Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 18, 2017 NEBOSH, Health and Safety