- Locations: Somerset West Bay Doha
- Duration: 3 Days
The main objective of the course is to highlight the importance of treasury operations department, its role and functions. It focuses on the understanding of how the transaction process management can be optimised and how to ensure that all funds flow in a timely and correct manner with all necessary documentation completed.
On successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the roles of dealers, brokers, operations officers, and middle office personnel
- Define SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) messages types and the role of each message type
- Recognize the features of Netting Agreements and the reconciliation system
- Calculate settlement / close-out amounts of any financial instrument, the brokerage payment, reset/fixing rates and margins of Interest rate Swap
- Functions of Treasury Department
- Treasury Funds Flow
- Front office structure
- Simple interest calculation
- Functions of Treasury Operations Dept
- Nostro/Vostro Accounts
- Life Cycle of a deal, Swift Messages, Payment Netting, Novation Netting, Close-Out Netting, Multi-Lateral Netting, CLS, Accounts Reconciliation, Functions of the Middle Office
This course will be useful for new employees working in the settlements and operations departments of banks and who want to gain a basic knowledge of the settlements business within the fast growing international markets
Lectures, discussions, case studies and video
About Qatar Finance & Business Academy
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses