- Locations: Nasr City
- Duration: 1 Day
Through this workshop, you will learn the fundamentals of supply chain management and how these apply to your organisation.
You will find out what supply chain management is all about and look at the critical role of supply chain information in having the right product in the right place at the right time and at the right cost. We will explain key supply chain terms and concepts such as ‘make to order’, ‘lead time’ and ‘safety stock’. You will learn about the importance of supply chain improvement and partnering.
Supply chains are everywhere we look – ensuring that the goods and services on which we depend are available when we need them. Through this course, you will gain a sound understanding of how supply chains operate and know about the most important activities that enable them to perform in a successful and sustainable way.
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
This workshop is for people who are new to a supply chain role or are working closely with supply chain specialists. You will be able to explain and use the most important concepts in supply chain and apply these in your work.
If you are looking for a more in-depth introduction or to update your existing supply chain knowledge, then you might want to consider the course on Principles of Supply Chain Management.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by supply chain management and the most important terminology that relates to it
- Contribute to business decisions involving the use of information in the supply chain and be able to explain why information flow is critical to its success
- Analyse supply chain needs and determine whether a ‘make to order’ or ‘make to stock’ approach is most appropriate
- Use the main levers that affect supply chain service level – lead time and safety stock
- Apply your knowledge to situations involving supply chain improvement and partnering
WHAT WILL IT COVER?
Supply Chain Management
- What we mean by a supply chain
- What supply chains achieve
- The idea of supply chain management and how it adds value to the organisation
- The role of information in supply chain management
Managing Service Level and Cash Flow
- The ‘make to order’ vs ‘make to stock’ decision
- Service levels and ABC analysis
- Managing lead time
- Setting safety stock levels
Supply Chain Improvement
- Basics of supply chain improvement
- Why partnering is important for improvement
- Setting up your supply chain improvement project
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses