Introduction to Midwifery Certificate CourseThe Introduction to Midwifery Certificate course is filled with instruction that will put you on the path to beginning a career as a successful midwife.Midwifery is one of the oldest professions in the world. The basic role of a midwife is to care for and support pregnant women and their babies before, during, and after giving birth. This course will cover several concepts associated with midwifery, including the history of the profession, how to become a midwife and how to practise as a midwife.This online course provides students with a comprehensive training programme that allows them to study whenever and wherever is convenient. Many enrolled students still work full time and maintain an active lifestyle while pursuing their degrees.To access the study material for the midwifery course, you will need any device with a valid internet connection. In addition, while you study, you are eligible to receive online support.Once you have successfully completed this course, and a multiple-choice exam, you will be awarded your certificate. Your certificate can be downloaded and printed from home, or for a small cost, we can post it to you.
What You Will LearnThe Midwifery course offers students a comprehensive overview into the roles of a midwife. This course will cover:
- The origin and definition of midwifery
- The history of midwifery from the ancient to modern times
- Roles of a midwife
- The educational requirements to becoming a midwife
- Qualifying as a midwife in the UK
- Responsibilities of a midwife
- Midwife practices around the world
- Women’s rights and birth options
- The principles of midwifery and cultural awareness
- Antenatal care and screening
- How midwives support women through labour and birth
- The aims of postnatal care as a midwife
- The importance of breastfeeding
- Blood pressure monitoring and pre-eclampsia
- Infection control and hygiene
- The female anatomy
- Medications and pregnancy
- Emergencies and caesarean section
- Initial baby check and examination
- Conditions with labour and pregnancy
- Mental health issues in pregnancy
Benefits of the Midwifery Certificate CourseStudents working towards achieving a certificate in Midwifery will see a variety of benefits. These include the following:
- The ability to study from home, or anywhere with a convenient internet connection.
- Study at a pace that is comfortable for you. Since there is no time limit for this course, you will complete your studies, regardless of how long it takes you.
- You can study training material on any device including computers, tablets, or mobile phones.
- The ability to easily manage modules and understand course structure.
- Convenient online support available while you train.
- The opportunity to access a comprehensive syllabus that will assist you in acquiring the knowledge necessary to fast track you in the process to becoming a midwife.
- The opportunity to gain prospects while applying for work or volunteer opportunities in the industry.
- A certified and recognised certificate upon successful course completion.
- An affordable pricing structure.
Job roles this course is suitable for:Introduction to Midwifery Certificate
About New Skills Academy
In November of 2013, a single question was asked: ‘What do you want to learn?’ From there, a vision was born of comprehensive, high quality, and affordable online course availability. The name behind that vision was New Skills Academy.
When it comes to online schools, there are plenty, but at New Skills Academy we distinguish ourselves amongst the competition with our dedication to your long-term goals. If you are entering a job market for the first time, or seeking a new career, we will provide you with the fast and efficient online support you need to make your dreams a reality.
Our expertly designed courses, detailed lesson plans and student testimonials all attest to the fact that we take great pride in our course offerings and provide only the best for our students. Often, people dream of pursuing a degree or certification but never find the time to follow through. We know life gets busy, which is why our customers can take our courses online from anywhere while still working. Students can access our courses from a PC, mobile phone or tablet; this means you can learn anywhere you go.
Our students’ reputation matters, which is why all of our online courses have been reviewed and certified in partnership with qualified industry experts. For added security and peace of mind, all of our courses have been approved by CPD.