- Locations: Mubarak Al-Abdullah
- Duration: 15 Weeks
- Class Time
- Class Location
- Office Hours
- Teaching Assistant
Web Development and Design Foundations with XHTML, Fifth Edition, Terry Felke-Morris, Pearson.
Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML, Elisabeth Freeman and Eric Freeman, O’Reilly, 2006.
Introduction to the Internet and the World Wide Web. Web design practices. XHTML including basic elements, colors and text configurations, visual elements and graphics, links, layouts, tables, forms, web multimedia and interactivity. Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). An overview of JavaScrip
- CSC 122 Pre / Co-Requisite
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Design and develop a Web page using XHTML and CSS. [ABET c, i]
- Design and develop a Web site using text, images, links, lists, tables and forms. [ABET c, i]
- Customize Web pages using CSS, internal style sheets, and external style sheets. [ABET c]
- Write client side scripts to enhance Web pages. [ABET c, i]
- Demonstrate awareness of accessibility, usability and maintainability objectives when creating Web sites. [ABET b, c, f, g]
- Work effectively within a team. [ABET d]
About Gulf University for Science & Technology
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses