- Price QAR 6,000
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Somerset West Bay Doha
This course is designed to assist the participants in understanding some of the important issues, products, services and documentation associated with international trade. Participants will learn how to identify customer needs and recommend appropriate product solutions, assess various risks to both bank and customer in international trade transactions and explain and identify ways of mitigating that risk.
They will also be able to explain and carry out the processes involved in documentary collections, documentary letters of credit and contract guarantees, as well as understand the purpose and application of the various International Chamber of Commerce rules and practices.
Upon the completion of this course, the participant will have:
- A practical knowledge and understanding of the aspects of the global business planning process
- Evaluating the internal and external environment to identify potential marketing threats and opportunities
- Understand the trade documentation used in international trade
- Coordinating with other departments to calculate the true cost, benefits, and risks of proposed transactions in order to implement risk management policies
- Assessing political and economic risks and cultural issues of the target country to establish the financial costs and viability
- Evaluating foreign currency exchange risk and selecting, implementing, and managing risk mitigation techniques to protect the company against fluctuation of foreign exchange
- Establishing the most appropriate methods an terms of payment
- Be equipped with knowledge to avoid trade disputes and protect the interest of their financial institutions
Combination of theory and practice involving:
- International trade finance and various risks involved
- Documentation in international trade finance
- Inco Terms
- Instruments of trade finance
- Types of letters of credit and its documentation
- Uniform customs and practices for documentary credits – UCP 600
- Sanctions and Political Factors
- Inpiduals whose present knowledge or experience in the subject is limited, or who are or are shortly to be engaged in the Trade Finance Department of their bank or organization
- Lectures, videos, case studies and discussions
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses