- Locations: Mubarak Al-Abdullah
- Duration: 15 Weeks
A technical introduction to electronic commerce (eCommerce) over the Internet.Electronic data interchange. Digital currency and electronic catalogs. Telecommunications infrastructure. Data warehousing. Software agents and storage retrieval of multimedia information. Cryptographic techniques as applicable to website development. Management of data in a secure manner. Authentication and confidentiality. Different levels of security (transaction, network, and protocol), and digital signatures.
Course Co- requisites
- CSC 361
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze an e-commerce problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution [ABET b].
- Describe and recommend hardware and software suitable for secure ecommerce applications [ABET b].
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on inpiduals, organizations, and society [ABET g].
- Discuss professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities [ABET e].
- Use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practices in e-commerce [ABET i].
- Work effectively within a team [ABET d].
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences [ABET f].
About Gulf University for Science & Technology
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses