- Duration: 2 Days
This in-depth, instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge of using Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 to create reusable and modular Web sites for use in intranet, extranet, or Internet scenarios. Students will learn how to manage access to information stored within a SharePoint environment, how to perform common object model tasks, and how to create Web parts to customize user interfaces. Participants will also learn how to use Web services for data requests transactions, how to create and deploy event receivers, and how to utilize Windows Workflow Foundation.
- This course is intended for Developers and IT Professionals.
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 architecture and the key elements in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, such as site collections, Webs, lists, and Web Parts.
- Understand the new Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 features, such as galleries, master pages, site columns, content types, and workflow.
- Understand the new features available only through Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Extend an existing Web application with the ASP.NET 2.0 pluggable authentication.
- Configure user access to a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 environment and configure user permissions, and implement security with Users/Groups, SharePoint objects, and permission levels.
- Understand the ASP.NET 2.0 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Web Part infrastructure, and the SharePoint Page and Web Part life cycles.
- Use the Microsoft Visual Studio Extensions for Windows SharePoint Services Framework to build a custom Web Part.
- Understand the advantages and limitations of Web service orientation in SharePoint technologies.
- Use Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Web services in development projects.
- Create an application that uses SharePoint’s Web services to extend SharePoint functionality.
- Understand when to use event receivers versus when to use workflows and list the types of SharePoint objects that support event receivers.
- Create and deploy a basic event receiver.
- Discuss the basics of Windows Workflow Foundation, how they fit into Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, and how to leverage this technology in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
- Build a workflow in SharePoint Designer.
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses