- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Nasr City
This course will describe the different types of deepwater drilling units, all their necessary specific equipment and techniques to spud a well. The goal being to transmit to all participants a good quick but precise knowledge on:
- Floating drilling rigs (SS / DPDS) and their specific equipment for drilling wells in deep water depth zones (300 - 3000 mtr).
- Techniques and methods deployed from the arrival of a floating drilling units on a location till the cementation of the conductor casing
- Major issues and solutions faced in deepwater drilling operations
- The environmental forces and their impacts on deepwater operations
Key Learning Objectives
- What is a Semi-Submersible (SS) and a Dynamically Positioned.
- Drillship (DPDS) with their advantages and disadvantages.
- The description and functioning of all specific equipment deployed in deepwater operations either on the floating rig or subsea (Riser, BOP, Wellheads, Tensioners etc.).
- The different station keeping methods for maintaining a floating drilling vessel on location (mooring, dynamic positioning).
- The environmental forces and their impact.
- The operating procedure from the arrival of a rig on a location till cementation of the conductor casing in place and the main major issues and solutions which may be encountered.
Who should attend?
- This course is addressed to all Companies and Individuals involved directly or indirectly in Deep Water Operations: Operators (Drilling Supervisors,(Junior) Company Rep, other interested disciplines, newly comers entering the deep water drilling activity, new managers); Drilling Contractor personnel involved in Drilling, Marine, Maintenance, Supervision, Management and Service Companies Management and Team Leader.
- Participants should be knowledgeable of basic drilling operations and have an understanding of the marine environment for drilling operations.
- Offshore drilling experience is beneficial.
technical training and professional development services for the oil and Gas industry. We offer a portfolio of over 100 practical courses, training programs, and competency services that cover technical skills and asset teams need.
Our curriculum includes introductory to advanced training in key disciplines including Geology, Drilling, Reservoir, Production, Facilities, Management, and Economics. We also offer workflow training courses and programs using Simulator software tools.See all Soleman Training & Consulting courses