This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium-size branch office Enterprise network, including configuring several switches and routers, connecting to a WAN and implementing network security.
A student should be able to complete configuration and implementation of a small to medium sized branch office network under supervision.
Recommended as preparation for exam(s):
- 640-816 ICND2
- 640-802 CCNA – This is a composite exam consisting of both ICND1 & ICND2
IS IT Right FOR ME?
This course is intended for System Engineers who will install, operate and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network.
What will I learn?
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Review how to configure and troubleshoot a small network
- Expand the switched network from a small LAN to a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking and spanning tree
- Describe routing concepts as they apply to a medium-sized network and discuss considerations when implementing routing on the network
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot OSPF • Configure, verify and troubleshoot EIGRP
- Determine how to apply ACLs based on network requirements, and to configure, verify, and troubleshoot ACLs on a medium-sized network
- Describe when to use NAT or PAT on a medium-sized network, and configure NAT or PAT on routers
- Identify and implement the appropriate WAN technology based on network requirements.
What will it cover?
Small Network Implementation
- Introducing the Review Lab
Medium-Sized Switched Network Construction
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Improving Performance with Spanning Tree
- Routing Between VLAN’s
- Securing the Expanded Network
- Troubleshooting Switched Networks
Medium-Sized Routed Network Construction
- Reviewing Routing Operation
- Implementing VLSM
Single Area OSPF Implementation
- Implementing OSPF
- Troubleshooting OSPF
- Implementing EIGRP
- Troubleshooting EIGRP
- Access Control Lists
- Introducing ACL Operation
- Configuring and Troubleshooting ACL’s
Address Space Management
- Scaling the Network with NAT and PAT
- Transitioning to IPv6
LAN Extension into a WAN
- Establishing a Point-to-Point WAN Connection with PPP
- Establishing a WAN Connection with Frame Relay
- Troubleshooting Frame Relay WANs
- Introducing VPN Solutions
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses