- Price QAR 4,800
- Duration 4 Days
- Locations Somerset West Bay Doha
This is a basic course on ALM. It explains the process of ALM in banks and its importance. The course also discusses the risks facing banks in the context of to-day’s business environment and how ALM can be used as a risk management tool.
Upon the completion of this course, the participant will:
- Learn to analyze management of both sides of balance sheet of a financial institution facing different risks
- Understand the relationship between central banks and interest rate fluctuations
- Analyze and interpret yield curves
- Know of the different models used to measure risk in the ALM context
- Analyzing a bank’s balance sheet
- Various risks faced by a bank
- The concept of ALM in banks
- Risk management through ALM
- The Central Bank and the interest rate risk
- Term structure of interest rates
- The re-pricing model
- Maturity model
- Duration model
- Liquidity risk
- Liability-side liquidity risk
- Asset-side liquidity risk
- Entry level Treasury executives; Traders and financial control executives; Investment analysts; Financial analysts.
- This course consists of lectures, discussions, in-class exercises and MCQs.
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses