- Locations: Mubarak Al-Abdullah
- Duration: 15 Weeks
This course covers Turing test, blind search, iterative deepening, production systems, heuristic search, A* algorithm, minimax and alpha-beta procedures, predicate and first-order logic, resolution refutation and non-monotonic reasoning.
CSC 226 and CSC 313
After successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Specify search problems and analyze the associated search spaces. [ABET b, c].
- Explain the basic data structures and algorithms used in blind, informed,cadversarial, and local search. [ABET b, c, j].
- Implement custom search solutions for specific problems. [ABET c, i, j].
- Perform time complexity, space complexity, and performance analysis of search algorithms. [ABET b, j].Apply propositional logic for knowledge representation. [ABET a, b, i]
- Explain the components and the architecture of learning. [ABET b, c, j]
About Gulf University for Science & Technology
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses