- Locations: Smart Village, ITIDA Building - B121, Cairo/Alex. Desert Road, K28, Giza, Egypt, 12577
- Duration: 3 Days
Although introduced in the new millennium, agile methods have established themselves as prominent and effective methods for managing software development endeavours. With their primary focus on customer satisfaction, team spirit, and project visibility, agile methods present an appealing option for customers, developers, and managers alike.
In this introductory course, attendees will gain the insight on both the mindset behind agility, and the methods that manifest this mindset. Attendees will emerge with clear understanding of agile values, principles, processes and practices. In addition, they will be able to contrast and compare agile methods with traditional software engineering discipline, and understand how to nurture agility in a specific work environment. The course is full of team exercises and examples, and is taught by qualified and certified experts who encourage discussion and deliberation.
Topics to be covered
- Agile values & principles
- Agile methodologies: with focus on Scrum and XP
- Agile teams: characteristics and member roles
- Agile requirements and backlogs
- User stories, themes, and epics
- Writing good user stories
- Agile estimating and planning: on the project, release, and iteration levels
- Agile progress tracking techniques
- Information radiators: task boards, and burn-charts
- Agile meetings
- Agile technical practices: unit testing, continuous integration, refactoring, and technical debt
About Software Engineering Competence Centre
The Software Engineering Competence Center (SECC) is an Egyptian leading ICT organization aiming at bridging the gap between the technologies needed to overcome the economical-social-environmental challenges and the current existing technologies.
In , the Software Engineering Competence Center (SECC) was inaugurated as part of the efforts sponsored by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) to support Information Technology Industry in Egypt.See all Software Engineering Competence Centre courses